One of my 3 gardens last year…..my 2nd garden was just for squash and vine plants, the 3rd was for corn and tomatoes and shell beans to climb the corn. We even grew popcorn!
Here are a few tips for a healthy soil:
How to Promote the Plant-Mycorrhizae Partnership
• Minimize soil tilling (kills earthworms and beneficial fungi)
• Always keep live plants in your beds, even in winter
• Rotate crops within your beds
• Avoid pesticides and chemical fertilizers
• Avoid applying too much phosphorus; a soil test every few years is a good idea